A few weeks ago I had a curious conversation with this lady, who had a great skin and she was aware of that because without even me asking her, she started talking about how people don’t believe her age and true to be told she does not look 48 at all, I couldn’t find a dark spot, wrinkle or any sign of aging in her face, of course, I had to ask about her beauty routine and I was shocked not to hear that she uses expensive face products but natural essential oils, vitamin E and ponds cream, wait what?!!!? Please say more!
- “ I scrub my face with rice flour mixed with vitamin E once a week”.
But then I read that if you mix rice flour with the following ingredients, you can double the benefits:
• Rice flour – 2 tablespoons
• Gram flour – 1 tablespoon
Direction of Use
• Take the above-mentioned quantity of rice flour and gram flour. Add 2 spoons of
hung curd into it. Stir well.
• Add a little amount of turmeric powder to the facemask. You can also add a little amount of water if needed.
• Now clean your face thoroughly with water and apply the mask on face and neck.
• Massage gently for a few minutes and let it dry for 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- “I take rosemary, the oil coming from a vitamin E soft gel capsule and ponds cream, put it in a pod, then with a towel over my head I let the steam do me a facial, pulling out my face time to time so the heat doesn’t burn my skin. I do it monthly but this is better if you do it once a week.”
But what she doesn’t know as per my research is that inhaling rosemary oil on a regular basis can help boost your immune system.
I’m astonished by the benefits of both rosemary and rice flour, I’ll mention just a few because otherwise, this post will be a book:
Can help protect skin cells from damage often caused by the sun and free radicals. Since rosemary has natural antiseptic properties, it's a superior disinfectant for our skin and hair. In fact, this essential oil is known to promote a healthy, moisturized scalp and reverse premature graying.
1. Boosts Immune System
2. Is Anti-inflammatory
3. Promotes Digestion
4. Increases Circulation
5. Cures Headaches
6. Relieves Cough, Cold, And Flu
7. Helps To Improve Respiratory Activity
8. Lowers Stress: The next time you feel like the stress of day-to-day life is getting to you, indulge in some aromatherapy with rosemary oil.
9. Prevents STDs
10. Boosts Oral Health
11. Improves Cognitive Function: The next time you find yourself getting distracted while studying for an exam or just can’t seem to focus on the work assignment at hand, inhale some rosemary oil or add a few drops of it in your room diffuser. Not only does it help improve concentration, but it is also great for boosting memory.
12. Helps Reduce Nervous Tension And Fatigue
13. Works As An Antidepressant
14. Reduces Acne And Fights Signs Of Aging: The topical application of rosemary oil has been found to reduce the inflammation caused by acne. But that’s not all! It also reduces under-eye puffiness and improves circulation to give you glowing skin. Additionally, it fights against sun damage and free radical damage and tightens your skin to combat signs of aging.
15. Enhances Hair Health.
Rice powder is a great ingredient for treating skin blemishes and lightening the skin tone.
Asian women have used this amazing beauty potion for centuries as a natural skin lightener. It has essential anti-aging and oil absorbing properties, that makes it ideal for oily and acne prone skin type. It has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe burnt skin, making it smooth, whiter and radiant. Read the post to find out some other miraculous benefits of rice powder and how it can be used to achieve a fairer looking skin in no time.
• Rice is a very rich source of PABA, a para-aminobenzoic acid that is a great sunscreen. When taken internally, this P ABA increases the vitamin C level in the body.
• Rice also has a high concentration of allantoin and ferulic acid, which to protects the skin from the harmful effects of the sun.
Ferulic acid: Ferulic acid is an antioxidant that has great sun protection abilities. When mixed with vitamin C and E, its effects are further doubled.
Allantoin: Allantoin is a great anti-inflammatory agent that promotes deep skin repair and negates the impact of suntans.
• The tyrosinase present in rice powder prevents the excessive production of melanin in the skin.
• It contains vitamin B that promotes new cell production and delays the process of skin aging.
Rice powder removes the excess sebum from the skin. It offers skin brightening by improving the skin elasticity and collagen levels.
And I don’t know you but if with these routines I can get so many benefits and on a pinch I save money, I’ll add them to my beauty routine.